The Cavan Kayakarun will take place on Saturday 11th August 2018
Cost of entry and other information relating to the event are as follows:
Cavan Kayakarun Supreme Body Tester €50
Cavan Kayakarun Supreme Body Tester Team €75
The Cavan Kayakarun Body Tester €35
The Cavan Kayakarun Body Tester Team €60
Online Entries Closes at 12:00 midnight Thursday 9th August 2017.
On-site Registration will take place between 7pm and 9pm on the Friday the 10th August 2018 and between 10am to 11:30 am on Saturday the 11th August 2018. On-site/Late Entries will be starting in the last wave.
The Kayakarun involves:
- Running on mainly country lanes
- Paddling either a sit-on-top and sit-in kayak (kayaks supplied or you can bring your own).
- Cycling on tarmac roads suitable for any type of bike
Out-going team members must remain in the Team Coral Transition area until they have received their timing chip from their incoming team member.
Waves and Wave Assignment:
The races will be run in waves. The number of waves will depend on number of entries and number of kayaks available on the lake. The wave assignment will be based on a first come first served basis based on Registration date & time.
NB. All late entrants for the The Cavan Kayakarun races will be entered in the last waves.
Race Guidelines- General
- Entrants are only permitted to enter one Kayakarun event with the possibility of being awarded one prize in one event.
- Entrants will be placed in categories according to their date of birth on the day of the event.
- Bike Transition will be supervised
- A secure room will be provided at Gallonray House during event.
- Timing chip must be returned to the Finish Marshal when you cross the line at the Gantry.
- Race number must be displayed at all times on your chest.
- On completion of the races, should a participant competing in a category other than the Open category, have the fastest 1st 2nd or 3rd time, he/she will forfeit his placing in his/her respective category and be awarded the open category placing position.
- The respective lower placed winners will be moved up to the respective higher placed positions in their categories.
- In the individual categories, of each event, participants are required to complete all three stages of the race. Should you fail to do so, participants will be assigned a DNQ (Does Not Qualify) for placing in the respective event.
- The entire routes for each event are marked so please follow the signs.
- Roads are not closed so please be advised that “Rules of the Road” apply at all times.
- Please follow the instructions of Race Marshals and Organisers, at all times
- In the event of adverse weather conditions on the lake, Safety Marshals will advise and the race may change to a
The Cavan Kayakarun Supreme Body Tester – this event will start at 1:00 pm.
The Cavan Kayakarun Supreme Body Tester is the longer more testing course. It starts at Gallonray House with a 16K cycle to the bike transition and start of the 5K Run
Run 5Kto the Kayak transition on a road and trail run route.
Kayak on a sit-in or sit on top Kayak around the edge of Barnagrow lake passing through the Crannóg Islands back to the entry point.
1K run from the Kayak transition to the Bike transition.
On completing the 1K run from the Kayak , you return to the Bike transition to complete a 27K mainly flat route back to Gallonray House.
The final leg of the Cavan Kayakarun Supreme Body Tester race is a 7K Tramac and trail run after racking your bike at Gallonray House to complete the last challenge before crossing the finish line.
The Cavan Kayakarun Body Tester – this event will commence at approximately 1:40 pm.
The Cavan Kayakarun Challenge starts at Gallonray House with a 16K cycle to the Bike transition.
After racking your bike, complete a 5K run on tarmac and trail run to the Kayak transition.
On completing the 5k run, you arrive at the Kayak transition where you Kayak on a sit-in or sit on top kayak going around the Crannóg Island and back to the entry point.
1K run from the Kayak transition back to the bike transition.
Cycle 18K on a mainly flat course back to Gallonray House.
500m Dash to Finish
On arriving back to Gallonray House, rack your bike and complete an easy 500 metre run crossing the finish line.
Race Guidelines: The Cavan Kayakarun Mini/Junior Body Tester
The event will commence at 1:45pm.
The Mini/Junior Body Tester event is open to:
Adults males, females and relay teams of 2 or 3
Juniors 12-16years old
Cycle 5K to Bike transition.
Rack your bike and run 1K to the Kayak transition.
Kayak 500 Metres
Kayak a 500 Metre course close to the shore of the lake.
Run 1K form the Kayak back to the Bike transition.
Cycle 5K back to the finish at Gallonray House.
Dismount your Bike and jog an easy 500m to the finish line.
Last points for all :
- Team relay members must make their way to Bike/kayak Transition where parking is available.
- Changing Facilities and Showers are available on site, after your race.
- Prize Giving: On the day of event in Gallonray House, Maudabawn, Cootehill, Co. Cavan.
- Food, Fun and Entertainment will be provided, into the wee small hours at at Gallonray House in Maudabawn.