The Cavan Kayakarun Adventure Race will take place on Saturday 6th August @ 12noon
Cost of entry and other information relating to the event are as follows:
Team of 2 or 3 – €90
Online entries close at 2pm Friday 5th August 2022
On Site Registration:
On-site registration will take place Between 7pm – 9pm Friday 5th August and the morning of the race Saturday 6th August 9am – 1030am where race packs can be collected
The Kayakarun involves:
- Running on mainly country lanes
- Paddling either a sit-on-top and sit-in kayak (kayaks supplied or you can bring your own).
- Cycling on tarmac roads suitable for any type of bike
Out-going team members must remain in the Team Coral Transition area until they have received their timing chip from their incoming team member.
Waves and Wave Assignment:
The races will be run in waves. The number of waves will depend on number of entries and number of kayaks available on the lake. The wave assignment will be based on a first come first served basis based on Registration date & time.
NB. All late entrants for the The Cavan Kayakarun races will be entered in the last waves.
Race Guidelines- General
- Entrants are only permitted to enter one Kayakarun event with the possibility of being awarded one prize in one event.
- Entrants will be placed in categories according to their date of birth on the day of the event.
- Bike Transition will be supervised
- A secure room will be provided at Gallonray House during event.
- Timing chip must be returned to the Finish Marshal when you cross the line at the Gantry.
- Race number must be displayed at all times on your chest.
- On completion of the races, should a participant competing in a category other than the Open category, have the fastest 1st 2nd or 3rd time, he/she will forfeit his placing in his/her respective category and be awarded the open category placing position.
- The respective lower placed winners will be moved up to the respective higher placed positions in their categories.
- In the individual categories, of each event, participants are required to complete all three stages of the race. Should you fail to do so, participants will be assigned a DNQ (Does Not Qualify) for placing in the respective event.
- The entire routes for each event are marked so please follow the signs.
- Roads are not closed so please be advised that “Rules of the Road” apply at all times.
- Please follow the instructions of Race Marshals and Organisers, at all times
- In the event of adverse weather conditions on the lake, Safety Marshals will advise and the race may change to a
Last points for all :
- Team relay members must make their way to Bike/kayak Transition where parking is available.
- Changing Facilities and Showers are available on site, after your race.
- Prize Giving: On the day of event in Gallonray House, Maudabawn, Cootehill, Co. Cavan.
- Food, Fun and Entertainment will be provided, into the wee small hours at at Gallonray House in Maudabawn.